Phase 4 Act
Phase 4 Act to create a community action plan that includes specific objectives, activities to meet the objectives, a designated lead person and a timeline. Include strategies to seek funding as needed to support and sustain the plan. In this phase, you will begin implementation, communicate progress and assess and adjust the plan as activities are completed and objectives are met.
Remember to celebrate your progress and successes as they occur.
Key Steps in Act Phase
Share the Results and Involve the Community. Plan and facilitate a formal or informal community-wide meeting to report the results of the assessment process and brainstorm possible activities that could be accomplished in each of the priority goal areas. Share matrices of low level of activity and high priority area from the Community Assessment.
Create and Implement a Community Action Plan. Develop an action plan that prioritizes opportunities and community priority goals. Seek necessary funding to support various aspects of the work. Act together to execute plan and achieve a shared vision for becoming a dementia friendly community. Evaluate and celebrate progress and remember to assess new opportunities along the way and keep the community informed
- Plan for Action. As a team, create a community action plan using the Action Plan template that includes specific objectives, activities to meet the objectives, a designated lead person and a timeline. Review the suggestions that community members provided during the community-wide meeting. Brainstorm actions and discuss all possibilities, consider the current available resources (people, funding, time, level of effort), and select the activities that you can realistically accomplish in the designated timeframe. Include strategies to seek funding in the action plan as needed to support and sustain the plan.
- Communicate Progress and Next Steps. Update the community on progress using all types of media. Include leaders and those who contributed to the assessment.
- Engage New Members to Implement the Plan. Expand your team by inviting other key community members who have specific skills, knowledge, expertise or connections to help implement the action plan. Be aware that the team composition may change. Some members who made their contributions through the toolkit process may choose to end their involvement.
- Assess and Adjust. Continue to use the community action plan as your guide to create a dementia friendly community and assess new opportunities that arise as activities are completed and objectives are met. Review the plan regularly and adjust as needed.
- Community Meeting - Prioritizing Goals Process
- Prioritizing Community Goals Video (ACT on Alzheimer's)
- Workplan Template
- Dementia Friendly Metrics
- Action Plan Options Menu
- Communications Template
- Budget template
- Grant request template
- Examples of Action Plans: ACT on Alzheimer's Community Booklet
- Sample Work Plan
Newsletter Sign up