Action Phase 2:
Action Phase 2: Engage Consists of 5 Key Steps
- Step 1: Form a Community Engagement Sub-team. Interview organizations and people in each community sector using questionnaires from the Dementia Friendly Toolkit
- Step 2: Adapt the engagement process to your community. This process should fit the needs and priorities of your community, so make it your own and shape the effort accordingly.
- Step 3: Hold An Interview And Focus Group Training And Preparation Session.
- Step 4: Develop an Organized Process Flow and Timeline.
- Step 5: Engage the Community Through Interviews or Focus Groups. Engage the broader community in a dialogue to learn community strengths, gaps, and priorities for action which raises awareness of dementia. Remember to distribute guidance on actions each sector of the community can take to become dementia friendly.